Sunday, October 2, 2011

Podcasting at Church

Today during church the associate pastor shared the wonderful news that now all of our services from April 2011 are posted as podcasts on our church website. (Furthermore, the entire website has been updated and is much better than before. Woo hoo!) This really made me think about our previous assignment where I read and reflected upon several articles relating to podcasting. Throughout all of the readings I was focused on how podcasts can be used in radio broadcasting and in education; I never once thought about how it could be used in our daily lives. The fact that I see my church taking on this new 21st century technology to share the word with people around the community and the world, is amazing. Last Sunday my husband and I took a mini vacation to the mountains and we unable to hear a sermon that a friend said was "amazing," but now that the podcast is up, I can listen to it whenever I want and as much as I want. Moreover, when I hear a really touching sermon I can share clips or the whole thing with friends, family, or members of my Bible study who go to a different church. Overall, I am just so excited and amazed at how my church is using podcasting. I am eager to see other ways in which podcasting is used in my daily life.



Check it out:
http://www.millbrookumc.org/#/welcome/podcasts

No comments:

Post a Comment